Well, another scholarship is out for you to avail. Set you up and start processing for Utrecht University scholarships for international students in Netherlands. The university is looking for those students who are highly motivated. PhD positions in international research project are offered to you to avail under this scholarship scheme. This studentship is available to international applicants for the academic year 2021-2022.
Information about Utrecht University Scholarships for International Students
Utrecht excellence scholarship 2021 endows the students with a chance to get financial support for their plan to participate in PhD degree at Utrecht University. The university makes every student feel at home, and welcomes both students and employees with a wider variety of backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this PhD position at Utrecht University, start preparing your application to submit before the deadline. It is suggested to submit the application for this Holland scholarship.
About Utrecht University, Netherlands
Utrecht University in The Netherlands is a public research university located in Utrecht. It holds worthwhile position among the students of the world. Established way back in 1636, it is called one of the oldest universities of the Netherlands. According to the data and information, Utrecht University enrolled more than 31801 students and employed 7191 faculty and staff.
As for Utrecht University ranking in the world, Shanghai Ranking ranks the university at 1st position in the Netherlands and 52nd in the world (for its 2020 data). The Times Higher Ranking ranks Utrecht at number 75. Taiwan Ranking places the university at 42nd position in the world.
Eligibility Criteria for Information about Utrecht University Scholarships for International Students
If you like to be considered for this Holland scholarship Utrecht University, you then need to meet the eligibility requirements set by the university. Let’s check the eligibility standards as follows:
- All nationalities of the world are welcome.
- The applicants can only apply to PhD degree program in International Research Project
- The right candidate for this PhD position has to possess degree in a quantitative field like veterinary epidemiology, animal health economics, quantitative biology and genetics.
- It is preferable if a candidate has a background (at least an interest) in livestock production.
- The applicant needs to be proficient in both written and spoken English.
- The ideal candidate is the one who possesses good communication skills.
Financial Benefits for Utrecht University Scholarship PhD Program
The chosen applicants will be offered a temporary position (1.0 FTE) initially for a period of 4 years. For fulltime employment, the gross salary of the candidate will range between €2,395 in the first year and €3,061 in the fourth year (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month. Besides, the salaries of the PhD position candidates will be supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per annum.
You need to provide supporting documents to be considered for the position of PhD. Check out the required documents below.
- University degree (photocopy)
- Passport (photocopy)
- Academic certificate containing official stamp
Language Requirements for the Scholarship
The applicants need to fulfill language requirements as well.
- IELTS (Academic Module): Minimum score 6.5 (overall), 6 at least in writing
- TOEFL iBT: Minimum score 93
- Cambridge Certificate
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE): Minimum score required is 176 total, 169 writing
- Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (CPE): Minimum score required in 180 total, 169 writing
The applicants have to meet the set entry requirements to get admission. The details can be checked on the official page.
Deadline for Application for Utrecht University Scholarships for International Students
The last date for submission of applications for this scholarship (PhD position) opportunity is 5th July 2021. Ideally, the application should be submitted well before time.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this studentship, you need to complete the online application form at the university website. Visit the Official Page.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.