The students or the researchers seeking PhD scholarships should now get ready to submit the applications for a joint doctoral program in Germany. The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) is pleased to announce a joint doctoral programme in the field of labour market research (GradAB) that helps graduates prepare for a career in academics and policy consulting. Interested applicants should learn all details about the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) Joint Doctoral Programme before submitting the applications.
Information about Institute for Employment Research (IAB) Joint Doctoral Programme
As far as GradAB is concerned, it is a joint program in labor market research of the institute for employment research (IAB) and the school of business, economics, and society of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU). This is called an outstanding environment to prepare graduates for a brilliant career in policy consulting and academia.
Up to seven scholarships are offered every year with a standard funding period of three years. A fourth-year extension is also possible. Requirements and application process can be checked on the official page.
Brief Description Regarding PhD Program Scholarships
Let’s now find out the details in a brief manner.
Institute and University Name: The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU)
Program: Joint PhD Degree Programme
Financial Coverage: Funded
Beginning of the Program: 1st October 2023
Deadline: 17th March 2023
More Details about the Opportunity
PhD students will be able to participate in international classes delivered by prestigious and famous researchers apart from the regular study program to widen their methodological, theoretical, and empirical skills.
The holders of the scholarship will benefit from IAB’s massive network in policy advice and science. More individual support will be offered by experienced mentors who are working at the IAB. The aim of the IAB is to increase the share of doctoral students who have disabilities. Thus, applications from disabled applicants are highly welcome.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- King’s College London Higher Funding for PhD Programs
- MIT USA Financial Coverage for International Students in the USA
The applications are invited from exceptional graduates from the fields of sociology, economics, or other social sciences possessing master’s degrees and carrying a strong interest in labor market research.
Note: If after checking the applications, applicants are found otherwise equally qualified, female applicants will be provided preference.
The following benefits will be offered to successful applicants.
- They will get a professional research and policy-consulting ambiance (environment) in one of the key institutions advising higher-ranking social policymakers.
- They will benefit from the IAB’s large network of famous research and policy institutions plus national and international universities.
- Doctoral students will also benefit from IAB’s unique data resources on social security (survey and administrative data) and employment.
- Successful applicants will receive 1,350 € per month in addition to 1,800 € a year for their participation in scientific conferences and further training.
- They could get extra support for research.
- Additionally, the majority of the GradAB participants work as junior researchers on a 25 percent position in one of IAB’s departments of research (employment is subject to social insurance contributions/minimum amount will be 1,060 € per month). But, it is to be noted that IAB does not guarantee any kind of availability of any empty job positions at the beginning of the program.
Deadline for Applications
The last date for application submission is 17th March 2023.
How to Apply for Institute for Employment Research (IAB) Joint Doctoral Programme
The application procedure is simple. You need to very carefully follow the instructions ad submit the applications accordingly. Visit the official website and learn all details before submitting the applications.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: