Are you on your way to finding PhD Positions abroad? If yes, your search might be over here, as there is an attractive opportunity for you in Denmark. The University of Copenhagen offers a marvelous opportunity. It is a prestigious and world-renowned research university located in Copenhagen (Denmark). It was established in 1479, The University of Copenhagen has the prestige of being the second oldest university in Scandinavia after Uppsala University. Let’s now find out the details about the PhD Position at the University of Copenhagen ahead in this post.
Information Regarding PhD Position at the University of Copenhagen
The applications are invited for The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine (reNEW) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen. The open applications are for a PhD candidate to join Sedzinski Group commencing mid/late 2023 or upon agreement with selected candidate.
The PhD position will be for 4 years (one year as a Research Assistant and the remaining three years as PhD student). It is available in the group of Jakub Sedzinski at reNEW. The research team will study the general principles underlying epithelial homeostasis. Starting date is 1st October 2023, or it can be decided upon agreement with the selected candidate.
For more details, you are advised to visit the official webpage (official call for the PhD position, the link of which is available under the ‘how to apply’ heading later in the article).
Job Description for PhD Position at the University of Copenhagen
The university is seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic and exceptional with a background in cell and tissue mechanics. The key tasks required are as follows:
- To carry through an independent research project under supervision.
- To complete the PhD courses or other equivalent study (education)corresponding to around 30 ECTS points.
- To make participation in active research environments including a stay at another research team.
- To get experience with teaching or any other kind of dissemination related to the candidate’s PhD project.
- To teach and disseminate the candidate’s knowledge.
- To write a PhD thesis on the ground of the candidate’s project.
Eligibility Criteria Required for PhD Position at the University of Copenhagen
- The candidate should have an MSc degree in life science or its equivalent.
- If the candidate has a documented hands-on experience with quantitative image processing, Xenopus embryos, and data analysis, it will be highly valuable.
- The candidate needs to possess an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- The university encourages applications from highly ambitious and motivated candidates.
- Organization, solution-oriented, and a positive mindset are required.
- The candidate should be able to work in a highly collaborative international environment both as part of a team and independently.
- You will witness a challenging, stimulating, and multifaceted research environment.
- You will find a supportive team to collaborate and work with.
- To expand your horizons, you will witness a combination of exciting projects and state-of-the-art technologies.
- There will be possibilities for training and continued education.
- You will enjoy a centrally located workplace.
- You will be provided with alluring employment conditions for 4 years.
Offered Salary and Working Hours
Your average working hours per week will be 37 hours. Your salary, terms of employment, and pension will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Taxation and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The salary may begin at around 27,800 DKK/roughly 3,700 EUR (October 2021 level) plus pension.
- Motivation Letter
- List of Three References
- Certified Copy of Original MSc Degree and Transcripts of Records
- Note: Complete details must be checked on the official call before applying.
Deadline for Applications
The closing date for applications is 1st August 2023.
How to Apply for PhD Position at the University of Copenhagen
The interested candidate should first read the official call very carefully, then the application can be submitted following the instructions mentioned on the official call.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: