There are a number of benefits associated with a fellowship program you get the opportunity to do. Fellows receive valuable exposure and experience while they learn under the expert guidance and mentorship of a highly experienced professor. Additionally, they get new insights and perspectives while they also are endowed with an opportunity to stumble upon other experts in the field. If you are interested in a fellowship program, you may now submit your application for ITTO Fellowship Program announced for applications.
Information about ITTO Fellowship Program
Through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund, ITTO is pleased to announce fellowships to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional skills in member countries in tropical forestry and relevant fields (disciplines).
The goal of this fellowship program is to promote the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, the sustainable management of tropical forests, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
The Objective of the Program
The main objective of the fellowship program is to enhance (develop) human resources and increase professional skills (expertise) in member countries in tropical timber industries, tropical forestry, and relevant disciplines.
About The International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO)
It is an international organization that promotes the conservation of tropical forests, sustainable management, and the growth (expansion) and diversification of international trade in tropical timber from sustainably managed and legally harvested woodlands (forests).
Eligibility Criteria for ITTO Fellowship Program
- The eligible applicants are those who are nationals of the ITTO member countries.
- It is to be noted that the awards will be made to individuals only not to institutions.
- Further, it should also be noted that the awardees of previous ITTO Fellowship are not eligible to make the application (apply) for another ITTO Fellowship Program within 2 years of obtaining (receiving) the first award and submitting to the secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was conferred.
Also Check: University of Malaya PhD Scholarships
Appraisal of Applications
A fellowship selection panel will appraise the applications. This panel will consist of six members, three of whom will be from producer member countries and the remaining three will be from consumer member countries. The Vice Chairman of the ITTC will chair the panel.
Financial Coverage (Award Details)
- The maximum amount to be conferred for this fellowship program is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowships confer the fellows with transportation fees, fees for training/tuition/conference, allowance for books, daily subsistence allowance, and other allowances.
- For postgraduate study programs, you will receive only a partial tuition fee or a small grant for research. Remember, approved fellowships will not be transferable to other institutions or programs.
Deadline for Applications
The last date for this fellowship program is 1st September 2023. The application period is on. You may submit your application now.
How to Apply for ITTO Fellowship Program
Before you start applying, you must read the eligibility, appraisals, and selection criteria details on the official webpage. There are instructions for applicants which need the attention of interested applicants. You may check out those instructions on the official webpage. It is also advisable to read all details on the official call for fellowship.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: