Korean Government Scholarship 2020 (FULLY-FUNDED) for Masters & PhDs ANNOUNCED – Hurry Up to apply to avail your seat
Most-awaited scholarships have landed now. Yes, the Korean Government Scholarship 2020 is out to apply now. The applications from international students are invited. This scholarship is now popular as Global Korea Scholarship Program for international students to pursue their Masters and PhDs. For the year 2020, the Korean Government offers 1276 International Scholarships to 153 regions of the world whose students (international students) wish to study a graduate level degree program such as Master or PhD or Doctoral or want to do research in South Korea. This one is a Fully-Funded (all expenses included) scholarship means every expense of tuition, living or whatsoever will be covered plus you will get monthly stipend as well.
There is no denying in saying that Korean Government Scholarship happens to be one of the top scholarships of the world that enrolls students in high numbers each year and this year the numbers of scholarships are 1276. For graduate degrees, the call for applications has started in February 2020 whereas for undergraduate degrees, it will open in September 2020. You must be wondering for more scholarships – let’s check this list of scholarships (fully funded).
Details of Korean Government Scholarship 2020
Programs: Masters or Doctoral or Research
Country: South Korea
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline for Application: Varies from Country to Country
Follow us for regular updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin
What is GKS Scholarship?
The scope and aim of this scholarship is to endow the international students with opportunities to conduct higher studies in graduate programs at higher educational institutes and universities in the Republic of South Korea to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
Also Check UK Opens Fully Funded Scholarships for Masters
Number of Scholarships
There are 1276 international scholarships available from 153 regions in Korean Government Scholarship 2020 for graduate studies.
- For these scholarships, all academic fields and majors are available. For detailed information on available fields and universities offering the programs, CLICK HERE.
- You need to only choose the majors (fields of study) which are listed in the ‘University Information’ file.
You may also check Germany announces Fully Funded Scholarships for 2020-2021
Duration of Program for Scholarship
Master Degree: 3 Years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
Doctoral (PhD) Degree: 4 Years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
Research Program: 6 Months
Coverage for Korean Government Scholarship 2020 is fully funded. Don’t get mistaken with the name Korean Government Scholarship as they are often called the Global Korea Scholarship. The entire expenses of your studies will be covered by the Korean government. You just have to pay attention to your chosen study and the rest will be borne by this scholarship.
What is Included into the Scholarship?
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Language Courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant
Also check Abu Dhabi University Fully Funded Scholarships for all
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Below mentioned are the requirements students have to fulfill to apply for Korean Government Scholarship 2020.
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1975) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- For those who are applying for Master Program, they need to hold a Bachelor’s degree or expected to hold the same.
- For those who are applying for PhD, they need to possess a Master degree.
- For the students who want to apply for research program, they must possess a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master degree and also the student must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- For the ones who are applying for post-doctoral program, they should have a doctoral or PhD degree or a level of education equivalent to PhD.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
The last date to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2020 – GKS Scholarship varies from country to country and also it varies from Korean embassy to embassy of your country. Students need to contact to their relevant embassy or desired university directly for the deadline for the submission of application.
How to Apply?
The process of the application is different and has been set by each country. The official website link of the Korean Government Scholarship 2020 is mentioned below.