There is a postdoctoral fellowship programme available in India that offers numerous attractive benefits for the fellows (who get successful in gaining this award). The fellowship pogramme is open and available to young scientists who are from developing countries (other than India) wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging fields/areas of science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India. If you are interested in this programme, you should then learn details regarding TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. Let’s find out the details now.
Information about TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
As mentioned earlier that this programme is targeted at young scientists from developing countries who would like to undertake postdoctoral research in the fields such as science and technology, thus to be eligible for the same the applicants should hold a minimum PhD degree.
Once the call is open (as it is now open), the applicants will be able to submit their applications via the online portal. Candidates are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as quickly as possible. Remember, the acceptance letters dated the same year as the application year are eligible only.
Brief Description about TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Here, brief details about the programme are mentioned so that everyone can learn with ease.
Study Level/Programme: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Eligible Nationalities: Developing Countries (other than Indians)
Duration: Up to 12 months
Financial Coverage: Funded (details of the same can be found later in the post)
Deadline: 15th September 2023
About TWAS, The Voice for Science in the South
TWAS, as it is popular around the world by its abbreviation, is The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries. Based in Italy, the academy supports sustainable prosperity through education, research, diplomacy, and policy.
It was founded in 1983 by a distinguished group of scientists from the developing world. The academy was launched under the leadership of the Pakistani physicist and Nobel laureate, Abdus Salam.
Details about the Programme – TWAS Fellowship
These postdoctoral fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes across India for a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 12 months. As far as the eligible CSIR institutions are concerned, you may obtain information about CSIR laboratories and institutes through the links available on the CSIR homepage (website). As an alternate solution, you may also check the list of eligible institutes. The language of instruction will be English.
Available Fields for TWAS CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Agricultural Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Engineering Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- LivinFrance Offers Scholarships for Bachelors and Masters Programs
- The Queen Mary University of London Scholarships in the UK
If you like to be considered for this fellowship programme, you need to prove your eligibility as mentioned below:
- You need to be a national of a developing country (Indian nationals are not eligible).
- You need to be a maximum of 45 years of age on 31st December of the application year.
- You need to possess a Ph.D. degree in the field of science and technology.
- The applicants must not have any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- The applicants must be regularly employed in a developing country and possess a research assignment.
- They have to be accepted at an institution/CSIR laboratory and should provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution. N.B. Requests for acceptance have to be attention/directed to the selected CSIR host institution(s), with a copy to the contact person of the CSIR. This way, the CSIR will be able to monitor requests and provide support or assistance to find a suitable host institution(s), if need be.
- You need to provide your English proficiency evidence if your medium of education (instruction) was not English.
- Evidence regarding your consent about returning to your home country upon completion of the fellowship programme is also required.
- You will not get/take up other assignments while your fellowship programme is going on.
- If your family members or dependents accompany you, you will be financially responsible for them.
Financial Coverage for CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
If you are successful in obtaining this award, you will receive a monthly stipend for the coverage of your living, food, and health insurance. This monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. The awardees will also be entitled to subsidized accommodation.
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications for this programme is 15th September 2023. It is always advised to submit your application as early as possible.
How to Apply for TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
If interested in applying for this fellowship programme, you should check the complete details on the official call and then submit your application by following the instructions carefully. Instructions or the application process are available on the official call.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: