Big opportunity has come your way now to avail. World Bank Scholarship Program 2021 is out to apply for. International students (students from developing countries) are welcome to lodge their applications for the program. The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021 is targeted to all exceptional and qualified students from developing countries. This program is available for the students enrolling for a Masters degree in development or its related subjects.
Information about World Bank Scholarship Program 2021
The scholarship (JJWBGSP) is subject to available funding offers scholarships for 48 participating programs to be taught in universities in the United States, Europe, Oceania, Africa and Japan in the fields of development including tax policy, economic policy management, and infrastructure management. Remember, if a student is not admitted to any of the 48 programs, he or she will not be eligible to make application for a JJWBGSP scholarship in year 2021. More details about the scholarship are mentioned as under:
Sponsor Organization: World Bank
Scholarship to be used at: Japanese universities
Subject Eligibility: Development, Economic Policy Management, Tax Policy and Infrastructure Management
Country Eligibility: International students (from developing countries)
World Bank Scholarship 2021-2022 provides the chosen students with free tuition, living stipend per month, round air fare, travel allowance and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for World Bank Scholarships Program 2021
If you like to be considered for the scholarship, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned as under:
- Citizens of developing countries (check the list of countries HERE) are eligible to apply.
- The applicant should be a national of a World Bank member developing country.
- The applicant should not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- He or she has to be in good health.
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent earned at least 3 years before the application deadline.
- He or she should possess 3 years or more development related work experience after earning his or her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent qualification.
- At the time of scholarship application submission, the applicant should be employed in development related work (paid full time position).
You May Like to Apply for Denmark Government Scholarships
Financial Benefits for Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship 2021 2022
The scholarship is fully funded and comes with following benefits for the students:
- Economy class air fare (two-way air travel). The travel will be from students’ home country to host university country at the beginning of the study and then immediately from the end of the scholarship to student home country. Apart from the air fare, the scholars will also be given $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Tuition fee exemption
- Medical insurance
- Monthly allowance to cover living expenditures (such as food, accommodation and books). The amount varies country to country.
Note: World Bank scholarships for developing countries 2021-2022 will provide coverage for the duration of the graduate program or two years (whichever is less).
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021 does not cover:
- Costs of visa application
- Expenditures to support or bring student’s family members.
- Extra-curricular training or courses
- Courses which do not meet up with the minimum credits needed to earn the graduate degree.
- Language training not provided by the graduate program
- Additional traveling taken place during the study.
- All expenditures related to supplementary educational materials, research, field trips, attending seminars, participation in workshops or taking up internships.
- Expenses taken place on educational equipment like computers
- Cost of residence permit
Deadline for Application
The call for applications for World Bank Scholarships Program 2021 will open on March 22nd 2021 and the deadline for submission of applications is 21 May 2021. For complete details and information about the scholarships, visit this official page. And to apply, click this official link.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.