Well, there is no denying the importance of the postgraduate education in a student’s life, and the students would love to go for a higher-ranked university/institution to obtain the degree from. If you are a lover of European education and want to study in Belgium, then this opportunity is all set to entice you fully. Ghent University in Belgium offers PhD scholarships for the students who are from developing countries. Those students seeking admission in a PhD program and would like to earn the degree from Ghent University, this facility appears to be the best option, as it also provides partial funding to them. Start processing your applications for Ghent University PhD Scholarship 2023 program.
Information about Ghent University PhD Scholarship 2023
The university offers Special Research Fund – Doctoral Scholarships for candidates from developing countries. The call for 2023 has now been announced, and the applications are welcome and invited from the interested candidates. You may now submit your applications for the Sandwich scholarships for PhD students 2023 program.
The university from the support of its ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF) grants doctoral (PhD) ‘sandwich’ scholarships to promising doctoral PhD students who are from developing countries who would like to do/continue half of their PhD research at Ghent University (North) and half of the PhD research at a university in a developing country (South). These are without any doubt the best PhD scholarships for developing countries.
Remember, Ghent University provides finances/funding only for the part of the research which will be done in Ghent (24 months), thus, the interested candidates need to have full-time finances/funding for the other 24 months of research to be done in the South.
The interested candidates are welcome and invited to apply for the Ghent University Scholarship 2023.
About Ghent University (Belgium)
As for the Ghent University, it is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. Founded in 1817 by the Dutch King Willian I, it was established prior to the state of Belgium itself when the region was incorporated into the UK of the Netherlands after the fall of First French Empire. As far as the Ghent University ranking is concerned, it ranks at number 143rd on QS World University Rankings List.
Eligibility Criteria for Ghent University Scholarship 2023 for International Students
To be considered for the research grants for PhD students from developing countries 2023 program, you need to show your eligibility.
- Only the applicants from developing countries – the nationals of developing countries are eligible to apply. Check the list of the eligible nationalities.
- Remember, the proposals have to be jointly submitted by the applicant, supervisor (promoter) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university (South).
- On the field of research, no restrictions are imposed. Nonetheless, the preference will be provided to the subjects/topics which are related for development.
- Those applicants, who are degree students (the ones who are inclined to obtain a joint PhD degree at Ghent University), are welcome and invited to submit the applications. Exchange students are not eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Ghent University would like to encourage more female researchers to submit the applications for this opportunity. This is the reason that a Ghent University supervisor is able to support maximum of 2 candidates per call on condition that they are of a different gender.
Note: Co-funding is mandatory. To learn complete details about it and for mobility scheme of the scholarship, the applicants are advised to read the details on the official call page of the university website.
You May Like These Opportunities Also:
- United Arab Emirates University Scholarships for Masters & PhD Programs
- Deakin University Scholarships for Masters & PhD Programs in Australia
- Khalifa University Scholarships in UAE
The successful students/candidates will receive the following funding:
- PhD scholarship to be provided at Ghent University (in total for 24 months).
- The Ghent University promoter will get a bench fee of € 310 per month of research in Ghent plus € 8000 travel budget for the coverage (part of) of the operational costs along with the part of the traveling expenditures/costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
Also Visit: University of Calgary Scholarships in Canada
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date of the scholarship applications is 2nd February 2023.
How to Apply for Ghent University PhD Scholarship 2023
The interested and eligible candidates are welcome to submit the applications. Visit the official call of the scholarship and follow the instructions to submit the applications.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.