If you are seeking a PhD position or an academic position abroad, then you now have an opportunity to avail. Start processing your requests for Ghent University PhD Scholarship being offered to international students. There is no doubt in mentioning that Ghent University PhD vacancies are always in demand and sought by the students of the world. If interested, you may then begin with the application to let your dream to study in Belgium come true. This academic position holds attractive benefits for the ones who will be chosen.
Information about Ghent University PhD Scholarship
Ghent University’s Department of communication Sciences invites applications for this position of PhD. The department seeks a full-time PhD student to work on a research project titled ‘Sustainability from Childhood’.
This will be a four years project to be done under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Liselot Hudders and Prof. Dr. Dieneke Van de Sompel. This project is based on the idea that the sustainable (and healthy) behavior and attitudes develop in the people from childhood. If anyone wants to respond to this, the best and ideal time is to reach minor quite early via communication campaigns.
With this project, the department wants to investigate which communication techniques (such as social media campaigns, education, nudges, etc.) with minors as a target audience could encourage:
- Sustainable and healthy behavior and attitudes of minors themselves.
- In turn, how this can influence other people (like peers and parents).
Brief Description about Ghent University Scholarships
The information regarding the scholarship position is described in a brief style here.
University: Ghent University
Department: Department of communication Sciences
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Education Required: The applicant needs to possess a Master’s degree in social sciences preferably communication sciences, marketing, (social) psychology by the time the appointment was made (1st August 2022). Students who have graduated in the academic year 2021-2022 (July) are also eligible to apply.
Vacancy Type: Other academic staff
Last Registration/Submission Date: 26th June 2022
Also Check: Massey University Scholarships in New Zealand
About Ghent University Belgium
As for this particular institution, Ghent University is a public research university which is located in Ghent, Belgium. It was founded prior to the state of Belgium itself, the university was launched by the Dutch King William in year 1817.
As far as Ghent University ranking is concerned, it ranks on higher positions on various charts such as:
- Best Global Universities (2021) – 85th
- Times Higher Education (2021) – 96th
- QS World Universities Rankings (2022) – 143rd
Tasks for the Candidates
- On the basis of articles published in scientific journals, the candidates will conduct research and write a dissertation within the time frame of 4 years.
- The candidates will share interim results via conference lectures and scientific articles.
- They will also contribute to valorisation, initiatives which make research accessible to the wide audience.
- The candidates will also be liable to present their research results at conferences and workshops.
- The candidates will also work at the CEPEC research group (visit here).
- They are also willing to spend the majority of their appointment on research, but they will like also to enact a small role in services and education to the department.
Eligibility Criteria for Ghent University PhD Scholarship
If you like to be considered for this opportunity, you need to prove your eligibility. Following are the eligibility standards, you need to meet.
- Your academic background is good, and you have earned good study results. You have excelled in research (as shown by your Master’s degree’s thesis or any other relevant publications).
- The applicants are laced with some affinity with the topic of research.
- You have the potential to deal brilliantly with the children (young) and their parents, and it does not deter the candidates from traveling and conducting their research in schools, supermarkets and at children’s homes, etc.
- The applicants possess experience with qualitative (comprehensive interviews) and/or quantitative (experimental) research. They are also willing to hone these research dexterities further.
- The candidates also possess good analytical skills and they are laced with experience with statistical software packages.
- They have the ability to express themselves in English and Dutch. It will not deter them from writing publications in English.
- They possess passion for academic research, are motivated and creative.
- They should be organized and careful.
- They need to be able to work autonomously, but at the same time they should also function in a team.
- Their motivation should be high enough to earn their PhD and complete the required curriculum.
- The candidates should be equipped with the knowledge of statistical software (SPSS).
- They need to possess social dexterity which helps them to speak in front of a group and lead conversations with different stakeholders.
Financial Coverage Ghent University Scholarship
What will be offered to the selected candidates is mentioned below:
- The appointment will commence from 1st August 2022.
- Initially the contract will be offered for one year followed by an evaluation. If evolution is right and favorable, the contract of the candidate will be extended for another 3 years.
- The full-time grant per month for the candidates will be calculated according to the terms of employment for Doctorate/PhD fellows.
- The candidates will enjoy all benefits offered by the university like reimbursement of their commute by public transport, wide range of training courses, and eco vouchers.
Another Opportunity: Linn-Benton Community College Scholarships in USA
Following are the documents required to submit along with the application.
- Complete CV/Resume
- An overview of candidates’ study results
- Motivation letter
- Copy of required diploma (if in candidates’ possession).
- Reference letter
- Any other relevant documents.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Scholarships in Turkey for International Students
- SINGA Fully Funded Scholarships in Singapore
- University of Tasmania Scholarships in Australia
Deadline for Applications
Remember Ghent University application deadline is 26th June 2022.
How to Apply for Ghent University PhD Scholarship
The interested applicants should apply online through email to be sent to the promoters Liselot Hudders and Dieneke Van de Sompel. Emails should be sent to Liselot.Hudders@ugent.be and Dieneke.Vandesompel@Ugent.be
To read all details on official website, you may visit this official page.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: