Now start your applications for the recently announced Malaysian Government Scholarship 2021 targeted to Masters and PhD programs. International students are welcome to make their applications for the scholarship. The chosen students will be studying at Malaysian universities. This Malaysian Government Scholarship is funded by the government of Malaysia to get the brilliant students on board from the world so that they can pursue their advanced studies in universities over there under this scholarship scheme. You can also apply for Italy Government Scholarships 2021 for international students.
Information about Malaysian Government Scholarship 2021
This is a fully funded opportunity for international students to avail. Let’s now check more about this scholarship below.
Country Name: Malaysia
Eligible Nationalities: Students from the world (check your country from the official link of the scholarship mentioned under how to apply)
Deadline for Applications: 30th April 2021
Academic Field and Majors
If you are looking for Malaysian Government scholarships for international undergraduate students, then remember these scholarships are only for the Masters and PhD programs for international applicants. Almost all academic fields and majors are available under MIP Scholarship (Malaysian Government Scholarship) scheme. Following are the faculties for which you can apply for.
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
Financial Benefits Available for Malaysian Government Scholarship 2021
This is a fully funded scholarship in Malaysia 2021 (some exceptions, check below) for international applicants (check your country from the official link of the scholarship mentioned under how to apply). Following is what will be provided to the chosen students.
MIP Scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1500 per month.
If you are chosen, you need to arrange your travel to Malaysia independently. Travel expenditures will not be provided by the government of Malaysia.
You are required to check the expected living expense to live in Malaysia.
Eligibility Criteria for Malaysia Government Scholarship 2021
To be considered for the scholarship, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned as under:
- You need to be not more than 40 and 45 years of age for Masters and PhD degree programs.
- If you are going to apply for the Masters program, you should obtain at least a second class upper (honors) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in your Bachelor’s degree.
- If you are going to apply for PhD program, your minimum CGPA should be 3.5 or exceptional result in Master’s degree (in a similar field of intended PhD program).
- You need to provide proof of language proficiency such as scanned copy of the results like IELTS (minimum score total 6.5) or TOEFL Internet based (iBT) minimum score 92. If your medium of instruction was English previously (previous degree), your request may also be accepted (provide evidence in this regard).
- You need to also submit a written proposal with at least 1000 words relevant to the field of studies.
Universities Participating in This Scholarship Scheme
Below are the universities participating in Malaysian Government Scholarship 2021. Let’s check out the names of the universities.
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
Deadline for Application
The last date for the submission of the application is 30th April 2021. It is suggested to apply well before time.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The application procedure is simple and you can easily submit the application. Just follow the instructions mentioned above and mentioned on the official page of the scholarships. To apply, visit the official link of the scholarship.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.