Women encouragement is vital and done across the globe. The opportunities for the women in today’s world is mammoth. Such an opportunity is out there that is geared up to entice the women, it is called ‘Women Techmakers Ambassador Program’. The Women Techmakers Ambassadors are the impactful community leaders across the globe, who are supremely enthusiastic and passionate about empowering their communities through various things such as public speaking, organizing events, mentoring and creating content. Since they possess access to exclusive resources and global community, these ambassadors are on way to hep build a world where every woman can excel in tech.
Information about The Women Techmakers Ambassadors Program
Applications are now available and open for Google Women Techmakers Ambassadors Program. If interest develops within you, you may submit your applications for this opportunity. The last submission date is 31st October 2022.
This program is really helpful and impressive. It supports the women in the area of technology who are looking for creating impact and giving back to their communities. Being an ambassador, you will engage with your community through your participation in one or more leadership activities on a quarterly basis. The ambassadors onboard will receive support from the larger Ambassador Community and Google.
Role of the Ambassadors
The following are the activities, the chosen ambassadors will do.
Deliver a Talk – You will share your expertise on any topic. Previous ambassadors have shared their expert knowledge on DEI efforts, Google technologies, well-being and more.
Organize an Event – You will host a meet-up, power panel or an event for International Women’s Day to inspire, connect and educate your tech community.
Create a Resource – You can create a resource such as create custom code snippets, film a video or write a blog post, and then share your expert knowledge with your community.
Mentor Others – You will also mentor others in your community, and help empower the next generation of technologists.
Responsibilities of the Ambassador
They are required to perform any of the below-mentioned activities in their tech community at least every 3 months:
- Speaking at an event, organizing events, mentoring others or creating resources.
- The ambassadors are required to make their participation in program benefits including community building, networking events and development sessions.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the program.
- They need to commit to program’s mission to build a world where all women can excel in tech.
Eligibility Criteria for Women Techmakers Ambassadors Program
To be eligible, the candidates need to show their eligibility by meeting the following requirements.
- They must be 18 years old or above.
- They have to be the active leaders in their tech community with minimum one year of working experience of organizing the events, creating resources such as blogs or videos, delivering talks at events and/or mentoring others.
- They have to be quite interested in further skill development with their genuine interest in Google Technologies.
- They are willing to actively participate in this program and have to commit time to executing any of the community activities mentioned above whole year (such as (~10 hours/quarter minimum commitment).
Benefits for Ambassadors
If you become successful in gaining this opportunity, there are benefits associated which will be endowed to you. Let’s check them out as under:
Networking – You will connect with more than 1000 ambassadors across the world who are as much passionate as you are about innovative technology and creating a more diverse and inclusive industry workspaces.
Leading – You will enact an active role in your tech community through delivering talks, conducting events, mentoring others or creating content with support from Google.
Learning – You will receive exclusive access to Google-led workshops and talks on subjects such as going deep on Google technologies groups and developing your leadership skills.
Shinning – You will be recognized for your impressive and impactful work done in the community by the global women techmakers team.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Global Youth Forum in Russia (Fully Funded)
- Excellence Scholarships at University of Surrey
- Wells Mountain Initiative Scholarships
Deadline for Applications Submission
The last date to submit your applications for Google Women Techmakers Ambassadors is 31st October 2022. It is advisable to submit the applications before time.
How to Apply for Women Techmakers Ambassadors Program
- Check your eligibility first, then start processing the application.
- You are required to review program’s terms and conditions.
- You need to submit the applications on the WTM Advocu website prior to the deadline.
- All applicants will be informed about the outcome of their applications after 15th November 2022.
To learn all details about this program, you may also visit the official call at official website.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: