Are you interested in doing joint masters degrees and at the same time, you would like to study in Europe? Would you like to go for a mobility program? You should be aware of the benefits of a joint degree. If you do a joint degree, the benefits include specializing in more than one subject, studying multiple subjects throughout your degree program, and broadening your approach and perspective. Erasmus Mubdus is famous for its joint Masters degree programs. Let’s learn about the current opportunity available for application submission i.e., Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree – the program offered in Masters in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management (MESPOM).
Information About Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (MESPOM)
The program that is now open for applications is in Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management (MESPOM). As far as Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters are concerned, they are widely famous and prestigious international master programs jointly designed and delivered by a group of higher education institutions. There are a minimum of three institutions from at least three different countries involved, and various associated partners from the academic and non-academic world are taken on board for the joint Master program.
Talking about the MESPOM Consortium, it consists of four universities namely Central European University (Austria), the University of Manchester (UK), Lund University (Sweden), and the University of the Aegean (Greece). MESPOM now invites applications for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Environmental Sciences, Policy, and Management (MESPOM) for the studies in the academic years 2024-2026.
The Erasmus Mundus Programme of the European Commission supports MESPOM which is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree.
It is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree in Environmental Sciences, Policy, and Management operated by the four notable (leading) universities of Europe. MESPOM prepares the students in a manner that they can aptly identify and implement solutions to complex environmental challenges, especially in the context of international scenarios.
The study programmes of MESPOM last two years. Students spend the fall and winter semesters of the first year at Central European University in Vienna, and then they spend the spring semester at the University of the Aegean in Greece. Summer time brings internships for students which are supervised by MESPOM faculty and hosted by Associated Partners or other organizations. While the first half of the second year goes on, the students can select to study at the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University in Sweden or at the School of Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences of the University of Manchester (United Kingdom). As far as the 4th (research) semester is concerned, it could be hosted by any of the partners of the consortium.
Master of Science (MSc) degrees are issued from CEU, Lund University, the University of Manchester, and the University of the Aegean to all MESPOM graduates.
Programme Structure – Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (MESPOM)
This 120 ECTS credits MESPOM study programme will last two years (24 months). The first year’s fall and winter terms will be hosted by CEU (Central European University), Vienna, and consist of an introductory module followed by advanced elective courses on cross-cutting competencies and contemporary environmental sustainability challenges.
The University of the Aegean (Lesvos, Greece) will host the spring term and consist of courses on environmental sciences relevant to land, water, and ecosystem management plus sustainable tourism. Internships are then arranged for students in the summer which are supervised by MESPOM faculty and hosted by Associated Partners or other organizations.
While the fall term of the second year goes on, students start studying at the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University in Sweden making their focus on Industry, Environment, and Products, or at the University of Manchester’s School of Earth and Environmental Sciences in the UK where they focus on Environment and Pollution Control.
According to students’ professional and academic interests, they spend their fourth term (thesis) at any of the partners of the consortium. The brilliant about the programme is that in entire their study time, the students specialize in novel topics like biodiversity and conservation, sustainable energy and climate change, sustainable consumption and production, urban sustainability, and environmental security and justice.
Career Opportunities for MESPOM Graduates
The alumni of MESPOM work in the United Nations, governments, academia, industry, and the non-profit sector around the world. Many of the graduates have decided to return back to their home countries whereas others have stayed in Europe and pursued PhD degree programmes.
Eligibility Criteria/Entry Requirements
To be considered for the MESPOM – Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programme, you need to meet the eligibility requirements. Let’s find them out.
- Nationals of all countries are welcome to apply.
- Applicants need to have a good first degree (3.5 GPA or above, a Bachelor’s or Analogue) in a field (subject) relevant to environmental sciences, policy or management, engineering or management, in the natural or social sciences.
- If the applicants have other first degrees, their applications will also be taken into consideration provided that they demonstrate commitment to environmental challenges, usually through professional or voluntary work.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
Note: It is worth noting that getting admission to MESPOM is highly competitive. It will be based on the applicant’s intelligence and academic excellence in addition to their prior experience and motivation.
Financial Aid (Financial Coverage) for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships (EMJM) – MESPOM
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters (EMJM) Scholarships of the European Commission are provided/awarded to exceptional students from both within and outside the European areas. It means that outstanding students from all parts of the world are offered this opportunity.
- The award (scholarship) is offered to the highest-ranked applicants for the complete duration of a two-year Master’s program for full-time enrollment (120 ECTS credits). What will be covered under the scholarship is mentioned below:
- Under this scholarship scheme, coverage for travel, visa, installation, and subsistence expenses will be provided. It will be calculated on the basis of a monthly unit cost of 1400 Euros per month which corresponds to a maximum scholarship amount of 33 600 Euros (for two years).
- Additional financial coverage or support could also be provided to students with individual needs depending on the level of support or disability needed.
Note: The recipient of the EMJM holder will not be able to benefit from another European Union-funded scholarship scheme to follow the same (or any other) EMJM master’s course (for the whole period of enrollment in the course).
Applications Timeframe for This Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship Scheme
On behalf of the MESPOM Consortium, Central European University organizes the application procedure. For the study period of 2024-2026, all applications need to be submitted online together with all required documents by the below deadlines:
- 1st February 2024 – For applicants seeking Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters scholarships.
- 15th March 2024 – For those applicants who are self-financing and are non-EU/EEA citizens requiring study visas.
- 15th August 2024 – For applicants who are self-financing EU/EEA citizens.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (MESPOM)
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship scheme, you should first read the complete details on the official call for applications – 2024-2026. Applications should be submitted via the online application form of the Central European University (CEU). If you are selected, you will be requested to provide your proof of residency.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: