OpenAI offers a six-month program that happens to be a bridge for exceptional technical researchers from various fields to transition into AI (artificial intelligence). As far as the OpenAI Residency Program is concerned, it has been designed to help bridge the knowledge gap for outstanding researchers and engineers in other fields to get the critical expertise and knowledge to transition their careers into the ML and AI space.
Information about the OpenAI Residency Program
As a Resident, you will be taken on board within OpenAI’s research teams on cutting-edge, real AI problems under the guidance of an OpenAI Researcher. As a resident, you will be expected to ramp up over the 6-month program to turn out to be a full-time contributor.
Candidates with exceptional track records and high potential coming from inside and outside of traditional education and work settings are being looked for. OpenAI has been a known home to a number of self-taught engineers and researchers. Those having an unconventional educational background are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
About Your Role in OpenAI Residency Program
This program is brilliant and ideal for researchers specializing in fields outside of deep learning such as physics, mathematics, or neuroscience. OpenAI Residency Program may also prove to be well for exceptionally and utterly talented software engineers who are seeking to transition into research-based positions in the areas of AI Research.
Being a Resident, you will be assigned to work closely with a team of machine learning researchers so that you can build novel AI systems and develop (advance) your team’s research agenda.
A competitive salary will be offered to the Residents for the duration of the program including health benefits.
Preferred Qualifications for OpenAI Residency
You need to meet the following criteria to be considered for this residency program.
- You need to possess proficiency in software development and programming languages.
- Applicants should have a strong math background plus an understanding of linear algebra, statistics, and calculus.
- You as an applicant also have achievements in another field like creating a large software system, awards in science/math/programming contests, or authoring highly cited publications.
- After completing the Residency, you should also be available to join OpenAI full-time.
- You have initiated self-study in machine learning fundamentals.
- You need to be motivated enough to explore Artificial Intelligence breakthroughs and their potential benefits to humanity.
Location of the OpenAI Residency Program
The program will be based in the United States of America at OpenAI’s headquarters in San Francisco. Successful candidates will be provided with a flexible work ambiance. OpenAI provides encouraging Residents the facility to come to the office at least three days a week.
Financial Benefits (Compensation, Perks and Benefits)
Total compensation to be offered to the Residents also includes generous benefits and equity. Details of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Mental health and wellness support
- You will be offered dental, mental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- You will also get unlimited time off and 18 plus company holidays annually
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- You will also be provided with paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family planning support
- Successful candidates will also be offered an annual learning and development stipend that is $1,500 per year
The annual OpenAI Residency Program salary is $210,000 (annually). Residents will be provided with immigration and sponsorship support by OpenAI based on their unique circumstances.
Application and Program Timeline
Review of applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
OpenAI will match candidates to teams during the process of interviews.
How to Apply for OpenAI Residency Program
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: