Are you on your way to find an internship abroad? If so, there are always a number of opportunities out there to grab. CERN is what is famous for its internship opportunities. This opportunity is also presented to you by CERN. If selected, you will be able to do the internship programme in Switzerland. If you are interested in applying for this internship for students, you should then go ahead and learn all the details regarding the CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024. It is always advisable to understand everything before applying. So, you should understand each point very carefully before submitting your application.
Information Regarding CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024
International students are welcome to apply for this internship in Switzerland. There is no doubt that this program is going to be fabulous for your career goals. This life changing opportunity is out there, you just need to grab it. Just imagine getting involved in work all set to change the world and imagine doing it prior to leaving your university. Also, imagine working in an international environment and witnessing a mammoth quality of life.
Well, there is no better way to learn things than being on the job. And, when the job takes place in a world-renowned organization and center of scientific excellence, lucrative benefits for career growth are bound to happen.
If you are an undergraduate in administration and on your way to looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you might spend two to twelve months period at CERN during the time of your studies (Bachelor or Master). If there is a requirement of your university or the university encourages you to get work experience through an internship programme, just imagine doing it at CERN in the beautiful city of Geneva.
There is a panel of experts at CERN who meet three times a year in February, June, and October to review the applications. Around 50 students (applications) are chosen out of all applications received so far (till the deadline) to join the internship programme annually.
Disciplines Available for CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024 in Switzerland
The following are the disciplines in which internships are offered:
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Advanced Secretarial Work
- Library and Information Science
- Science Communication
- Engineering Management
- Communication and Public Relations
Eligibility Criteria for CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024
If you like to be considered for this progamme, you will have to meet the below-mentioned requirements.
- You must be a national of CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have completed a minimum of 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s or Master’s) specializing in an administrative area (field) at the time of the next student committee happening in the month of February 2024.
- During the internship period, you should remain a registered full-time student.
- You should be proficient in English or French language (a good knowledge of any of these languages is required).
Note: Students studying in the field of STEM/engineering are not eligible to apply for this programme.
Your commitment, expertise, and passion are what CERN likes to benefit from. In return, it will offer you:
- You will be provided with a contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- You will be offered an allowance of 3407 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A successful candidate will also be offered a travel allowance.
- A supplement will be offered in case you are married and/or have kids, depending on your personal circumstances.
- You will be offered coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health insurance scheme (the contribution will be deducted from your allowance automatically).
- You will also have 2,5 days monthly paid leave.
Required documents need to be in English or French. They should be in PDF format.
- Your most recent academic transcript (providing an overview of your marks).
- It is mandatory to present a reference letter from your university professor. If you have a reference letter from your previous internship, you could add this as your second reference.
Note: The reference letter could be uploaded by yourself while you submit your application, or it can also be provided by your referee via the link you will be provided shortly after you submit your application.
CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024 Deadline
Application together with all supporting documents should be submitted no later than 6th November 2023.
How to Apply for CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024
If you are interested in applying for this programme, you should very carefully read all details on the official call and fill up the application form for internship available on the official call.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: