For those enthusiasts, who would like to study in Germany and get enrolled in a university laced with higher ranking, there is a marvelous opportunity waiting for them to grab. Besides, if you also are seeking scholarships for your studies, you may benefit from study in Germany scholarships with this magnificent opportunity. The university, that offers you study opportunities with scholarships, is none other than the University of Hamburg. If you are interested, you should learn the details about the Merit scholarships for international students available at the Universität Hamburg.
Information Regarding the Merit Scholarships for International Students
As far as this university is concerned, the University of Hamburg is a world-renowned public research university located in Hamburg, Germany. Founded on 28th March 1919, the university holds a higher ranking in the world.
The Universität Hamburg is pleased to announce the merit scholarships for international students who are exceptional in their studies. The merit scholarship program supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers in all subjects and at all degree levels who have been actively involved and socially committed in an international context.
The purpose behind the financial support to students is that they can fully concentrate on their studies by leaving their financial worries aside. The financial help also allows the students to develop their skills.
Eligibility Criteria for the Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarships for International Students
The interested candidates could be entitled to funding if they:
- Have been enrolled in their subject at the University of Hamburg for at least two semesters and are pursuing a degree (students in their second-year master’s degree programs and doctoral researchers can apply after one completed semester).
- Do not possess German citizenship.
- Are not entitled to/eligible for the federal student loan scheme.
Note: There are no age restrictions to apply for this scholarship as of the winter semester 2015/16.
Funding Availability and Duration for the University of Hamburg Scholarship
If successful, you will receive the maximum monthly funding amount of €850. The doctoral researchers could be conferred with a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (roughly 2-3 merit scholarships are provided per round) depending on funding availability.
As far as the merit scholarships are concerned, they are offered for 2 semesters (a total of twelve months). Students can reapply for a scholarship. In exceptional cases, the maximum funding period offered to students is 3 years.
Criteria for Selection
- Applicants need to be excellent in their academic performance.
- Other verifiable knowledge and capabilities will be considered such as publications, presentations, prizes, additional specialized skills, etc., and previous funding.
- Applicant’s social situation/need.
- Their social and/or intercultural activities (such as confirmation of volunteer work).
Deadlines for Applications for the Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarships for International Students
You need to be focused on deadlines if you want to apply for the international merit scholarship. Deadline to be followed are:
15 April (period for funding: 1 October – 30 September of the same year)
15 October (period for funding: 1 April – 31 March of the following year)
How to Apply for the Merit Scholarships for International Students
There is a step-by-step guide on how to apply or submit your online application. Follow the link for your selected application period and log in using your STiNE ID.
Once you do this, you will then be invited to register and complete your application. You will be required to upload the documents mentioned below to the online portal for application.
- Motivation Letters (you are advised to use this form)
- Proof of Social and/or intercultural activities (if applicable)
- Your record of achievements: STiNE printout or course certificates list. Students of Master’s degrees and doctoral researchers can submit their final certificates.
- Evaluations are required, which you can get from two professors or junior professors at the University of Hamburg.
You may use the template for the evaluation form.
Applicants should visit the official call for applications to get complete details and the application procedure.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: