Do you want to participate in an essay competition and win prizes? If so, there is a big opportunity out there to grab. It is now your chance to avail it. The opportunity is offered by The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) which feels excited to make an announcement about its 7th Annual scholarship Essay Competition. For those students who would like to win prizes by participating in this colossal competition, they are welcome to submit their applications for the NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. Let’s now learn the details.
Information Regarding the NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
If you are interested in taking part in this essay contest, then you need to learn all details carefully and then apply accordingly. As usual, this NHEF essay competition provides a novel platform that supports critical thinking among the students of universities on topical socio-economic matters (issues) which happen to be vital in Nigeria’s sustainable growth and development.
By taking into consideration of the country’s present economic and financial situation, this year’s essay competition puts its focus on ‘The CBN Naira redesign policy and its effect on the Nigerian economy & the consequence of increased brain drain on the economy’.
Motivated students are encouraged to apply who are from all NHEF partner universities. Interested candidates need to choose one between the two questions (check the questions on the official call for the entries).
Check: Transvilania University Scholarships in Romania for All Study Levels
Eligibility Criteria for the 7th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants should meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students who are enrolled at NHEF Partner Universities are eligible to apply for this competition. Applicants’ enrolment will be checked and verified with University Registrar by NHEF.
- As far as NHEF partner universities are concerned, they include Bayero University, Ahmadu Bello University, Kano, University of Ibadan, Kwara State University, University of Lagos, Nsukka and the University of Port Harcour, and the University of Nigeria.
- If you are the beneficiary of the previous NHEF Essay Competition and Scholars Program, you are not then eligible to apply and participate in this competition.
Essay Criteria for The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) 7th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
Prior to submission, the essays for the competition need to abide by the below-mentioned guidelines:
- A student can only submit one entry.
- Entries need to show the author’s ability to discover and discuss ethical concepts/ideas and demonstrate the conduct of research with a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Your essay has to carry a title page, a scanned copy of the contestant’s present Student ID, and a bibliography.
- In the header of each page, the student’s name, registration ID number, and university name must appear.
- The maximum word count allowed is 2000 (the number of words should not exceed this limit).
- The essay should be double-spaced, carrying 12pt Times New Roman font, and also contain numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding the title page and bibliography.
- The essay should include references and they should be clearly identified.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- UdeM Exemption Scholarship Offered By the University of Montreal in Canada
- Multiple PhD Internship Scholarships at the University of Adelaide in Australia
Available Contest Prizes
- There are various prizes to be awarded to the grand prize winner such as ₦100,000, one online certificate course*, a new laptop, one year of university tuition, and one year of internet subscription**.
- There are prizes for the first runner-up such as ₦75,000, one year of university tuition, and one year of internet subscription**.
- The second runner-up will also receive prizes such as ₦50,000, one year of university tuition, and one year of internet subscription**.
*The online certificate course to be taken on Coursera, Udemy, EDX or Alison should not exceed $100.
**The one-year internet subscription (estimated at 24 GB) will be provided on the winner’s preferred mobile network.
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for all entries is 7th April 2023.
How to Apply for the NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
Interested applicants should read all details very carefully on the official call for entries. When you are ready to apply, read the details mentioned under ‘submission procedure’ on the official page and follow the instructions for submission. All entries should be submitted via NHEF Application Portal.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
WhatsApp Group Quora Space Facebook Page Facebook Group FB Community Telegram Channel Telegram Group Instagram Linkedin Page Linkedin Group SnapChat Twitter Pinterest Tumblr Flipboard
Check Also: Industry Fellowships in the UK Offered by The Royal Society
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also:
Canada-ASEAN Scholarships to Study in Canada
30% Club Scholarships Available at World Leading Universities
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarships at Griffith University in Australia