Are you seeking a research opportunity? Is your focus on Europe particularly in The Netherlands? If yes, then fasten the belts to submit applications for a PhD position available in The Netherlands. The position is being offered at a world-renowned university. If interested in submitting the applications, you may then apply for a PhD funding for international students – the available position ‘Dense and Highly Stable Polyelectrolyte Multilayer Membranes for Brackish Water Treatment’.
Information Regarding PhD Funding for International Students (PhD Position)
There is a vacancy for a PhD student available (for Dense and Highly Stable Polyelectrolyte Multilayer Membrane for Brackish Water Treatment) within the Membrane Surface Group (MSuS) that is a part of the Membrane Science & Technology (MST) of the University of Twente in The Netherlands.
Brief Description Regarding PhD in Netherlands for International Students
Let’s now find out the details in a brief manner.
Country: The Netherlands
University/Institution: University of Twente
Program: PhD Position (in above mentioned area)
Hours: 38 to 40 Hours
Salary Indication: € 2,541 – € 3,274
Deadline: 25th January 2023
Details about the Project
The available PhD project is about the characterization and production of a new, dense, and highly stable kind of polyelectrolyte multilayer (PEM) membranes. Since the membranes play a vital and critical part in the production of safe drinking water and with the increasing levels of sea and surface water pollution, treatment of brackish water and organic micropollutant removal have turned out to be very vital and essential.
As far as this project is concerned, it will investigate a unique and sustainable approach to implement polymers with proven separation properties taken place in a thin, dense PEM separation layer to generate membranes with high permeances and higher NaCI rejections. The project is a mutual collaboration with NX Filtration (Enschede). The project is going to happen in an international research group. You will get an opportunity to obtain further education taken place within the Twente Graduate School. Besides, you will also make your active contributions to the teaching program such as through supervision of MSc and BSc assignments and teaching assistance.
To be considered for these research scholarships (PhD Position), you need to meet the eligibility criteria. Your required profile for this PhD should be as required by the project.
- The applicant needs to possess a Master’s degree preferably with distinction (or its international equivalent) in chemical engineering, physical chemistry, material science, or a closely relevant discipline.
- The applicant should be enthusiastic and motivated about working on the interface of fundamental plus applied research. International experience will be considered a bonus.
- The ideal candidate should preferably possess experience with membrane science, polyelectrolyte complexes and/or polymer chemistry.
- The applicant should possess the skills to work independently and as a member of a research team while showing a collaborative attitude.
- The candidate should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team, and show eagerness to learn new skills.
- The applicant should possess an academic mindset and should be driven by curiosity.
- Good communication skills (both in writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in English is required. Written tests and scientific presentations would be included in the interview.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Undergraduate and Masters Programs Scholarships at University of Huddersfield
- PhD Positions Available in Switzerland with Attractive Funding
Financial Coverage (Offers for You)
- In the area of applied forefront research, the University of Twente provides researchers/students with a stimulating environment. Your status will be of a junior scientist when you will be fulfilling a PhD position at the University of Twente.
- Your employment contract will carry a duration of 4 years. Whatever the benefits UT offers, you will be able to participate in. Your gross salary per month will start at € 2.541 in your first year and then increase to € 3.274 in your fourth year.
- You will also be provided with excellent facilities for both personal and professional development in addition to your salary such as a holiday allowance (it will amount to 8%) and an end-year bonus which will be 8.3%.
- You will get a higher quality training program as well which is a part of your agreement.
- This research activity has to result in a PhD thesis by the end of your employment period. The positions will be available from the 1st of February 2023.
Deadline for Applications
The last date for submission of applications is 25th January 2023.
How to Apply for PhD Funding for International Students (PhD Position)
If interested, you may send your completed applications along with your resume (C.V.). Your applications should include two academic references at least. The applications can be submitted via the submission link. If possible, you may also add a list of grades of both your MSc and BSc diplomas. Visit the official call of the PhD Position for more details.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Check Also: Lulea University of Technology in Sweden
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: