Are you seeking an MSc programme for you abroad? If yes, there is a massive and giant opportunity that awaits you. If you are also looking for international students scholarships, there are no worries at all since those are also available for you. United Nations University and the University of Bonn offer you to get enrolled in an MSc Programme. If you think you should go for the same, you should read details about the United Nations University and University of Bonn MSc Programme available for you to grab.
Information about the United Nations University and University of Bonn MSc Programme
Applications are invited and open for the International Joint MSc Programme: Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security. The main purpose of this program that contains two years duration is to endow the postgraduate students with comprehensive knowledge, strategies, critical understanding, and tools required to take an interdisciplinary approach towards human security and environmental risks.
This Master’s programme addresses methodological and theoretical debates in Geography to clearly understand the complex emergence of environmental risks and natural hazards, their implications for human-nature relations (resilience, vulnerability, adaptation), and how you can deal with them in practice.
It is a joint programme offered by the United Nations University in Bonn and the Department of Geography at the University of Bonn. It provides a novel combination of applied engagements and advanced conceptual within the area/field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
The United Nations University and University of Bonn MSc Programme consists of twelve modules, of which ten are taught in the three semesters taught in the first phase of the study followed by a compulsory internship and the independent work done on the thesis of Master’s degree. It is worth noting that the internship will be a minimum of 8 weeks in duration and happens to be a compulsory part of this MSc Programme.
Requirements for United Nations University and University of Bonn MSc Programme
To be considered for this marvelous and colossal opportunity, you need to meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
Candidates need to have a first higher education qualification (such as a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent) in Geography or a relevant academic field.
Out of all obtained/achieved performances (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional coursework, etc.), the majority of your attended courses (as appeared in the transcripts) have to be relevant to the three below areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on society, spatial patterns, development
- Geosciences, Physical Geography, and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science
- Science Methodology and Empirical Methods
Note: This MSc Programme is not for graduates in Engineering relevant subjects. Likewise, graduates in International Relations or similar subjects will not be taken into consideration unless their profiles are related strongly to the area/field of environmental risks. Besides, students of PhD degrees or holders of PhD Programmes will also not be considered.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- University of Miami in the USA Offers Scholarships
- Funded PhD Studentship in the UK at the University of Liverpool
- Applicants must possess a strong motivation to make a contribution to the field/area of human security and management of risks relevant to environmental change will be a prerequisite to study in this Master’s programme.
- Applicants have to be highly motivated to learn in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- If interested, you then need to provide your English language proficiency proof, exceptions are for native speakers from countries specified hereafter: Canada, Australia, Ireland, United Kingdom, New Zealand, and the United States.
Available Financial Coverage
As far as this programme is concerned, it is a joint Master’s that is a part of a chosen group of international postgraduate degrees that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). A number of fully funded scholarships are available and will be offered to students from developing countries through this scholarship scheme.
Deadline to Apply for This Scholarship
It is to be noted that the Joint Master’s Programme carries one intake every year. The next one will begin in October 2024. If you are interested, you should be aware that the applications are accepted during the designated application period that begins from 15th September to 15th December 2023.
How to Apply for the United Nations University and University of Bonn MSc Programme
Those, who show interest in applying, need to follow the below instructions carefully:
- Read complete information on the official call – all navigation tabs that are available on the webpage.
- Read the FAQ carefully.
- Submit the application form online.
- Arrange all required documents including your academic writing sample.
- You need to rename the merged application documents’ file (your last name.your first name).pdf.
- Send your documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: