Now come Canada Government Scholarships for International Students. Fasten your seat belts to avail this golden opportunity that will make your career on dream track. The Canadian government now opens its online portal for the international students for the academic year 2020-2021. You may study and get enrolled into Master’s degree programs. This is a Fully Funded scholarship being offered by the government of Canada. All academic disciplines are available to fetch from. Your all expenses will be covered so that you can study free of cost in Canada. Global Affairs Canada Launched Canada Scholarship Program will offer academic scholarships for up to Two Years of Study at the Post-Secondary Level that leads to a Diploma, Post-Secondary or Post-Graduate Certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational school, or university in Canada. You may also like to apply for Malaysia Government Scholarships (Fully Funded).
Details for the Canada Government Scholarships for International Students
Following is the detail pertaining to this very scholarship for all international students. Let’s check it out:
- Country: Canada
- Scholarship Offered By: Government of Canada
- Degree Level: MS Degree Programs, Diploma, Post-Secondary or Post-Graduate Certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational school
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31st March 2020
Duration of this scholarship of Canada for the Master’s program and short courses is:
- Minimum of One Academic Year (8 months)
- Maximum of Two Academic Years (24 months in total), which should begin between August 2020 and February 2021
Available Fields for MS Degree Programs & Short Courses
For the Canada Government Scholarships for International Students, it is really interesting for the students that all fields and majors are available to choose as per one’s requirement.
- Selected students will get CAD 60,000 for programs of one academic year in duration (e.g. 2 academic terms of up to 4 months each)
- Selected students will be offered up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration (e.g. up to 20 months including four academic terms of up to 4 months each and one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months)
- The selected students will also be provided with the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution could also claim CAD 500 per award recipient to assist with administrative costs by the time recipient arrives in Canada.
- The costs like Visa/study/work permit fees/travel related to the collection of biometrics will be paid.
- Economy-Class Airfare will also be paid.
- Health insurance will be paid.
- Tuition fees and other mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months will be paid.
- Living expenses such as accommodation, utilities, and food will be provided to the students.
- Ground transportation expenses including a public transportation pass will be conferred to the students.
- Books and supplies required by the students excluding computers and other equipment will be paid.
- Remember, the scholarship does not cover language training.
- Students from the below countries are eligible to apply
“Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem”
- The applicants must not be Canadian citizens nor they have permanent residency and they must also not have pending residency application, etc.
- They need to apply and be admitted to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- They need to flaunt their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program by the time they apply for admission at a Canadian institution, and
- They also need to possess the linguistic competencies required to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian post-secondary institution (English or French).
Deadline for Application
For applying to Canada Government Scholarships for International Students, the deadlines has been set as 31st March 2020.
The application procedure is simple and you need to apply online. The procedure and application link is mentioned in below official link.