For the ones, whom Japanese education system appeals the most, MEXT Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship has arrived. This will be for the year 2021. MEXT University scholarships are for Masters and PhD Degree programs. Tokyo Tech is undoubtedly the largest and most popular public university in Japan. On QS Global World Ranking, the university sits on 56th position. The applications have started being accepted now, thus the international students seeking admission in Japan can now lodge their applications for their respective programs.
From 11th September 2020 onward, the applications’ process has begun. There is happy news for the ones who do not have IELTS or TOEFL scores ready to be delivered to the university, because the institute does not require the scores from the students who have passed their undergraduate degrees under English medium. The duration for the Masters programs is 2 years and Doctoral program is 3 years.
This scholarship is fully funded and will cover all the expenses while your study there in Japan.
Details about MEXT Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship
- Country Name: Japan
- Institution: Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Programs: Integrated Doctoral Education Program, Master’s Program and Doctoral
- Eligibility of Countries: International
- FinancialBenefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline for Application: December 8th, 2020
Note: You need not to have command on Japanese language, as the medium of instruction of the programs will entirely be in English.
Duration of Programs
You need to get aware of the duration of the program, you show interest in. Let’s hear discuss the durations of the programs.
Master’s Program: 2 Years
Combined Master and Doctoral Program: 3 Years
Doctoral Program: 3 Years
Remember, if you are a Japanese citizen, you are not eligible to lodge your applications for these scholarships, as they are entirely for international applicants. This scholarship is being offered by Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Below is what will be covered during your studies there:
- Air tickets (round trip) to Japan
- Monthly Stipend – Japanese Yen 147,000 for Master Students
- Monthly Stipend – Japanese Yen 148,000 for Doctoral Students
- Free Admission
- Free Application
- Free Tuition
Available Fields of Study
Following are available fields of study and majors for MEXT Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship. Let’s check out now
|School Name||Department Name|
|School of Science||Mathematics|
|Earth and Planetary Sciences|
|School of Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Systems and Control Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Information and Communications Engineering|
|Industrial Engineering and Economics|
|School of Materials and Chemical Technology||Materials Science and Engineering|
|Chemical Science and Engineering|
|School of Computing||Mathematical and Computing Science|
|School of Life Science and Technology||Life Science and Technology|
|School of Environment and Society||Architecture and Building Engineering|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering|
|Social and Human Sciences|
Eligibility for the Scholarships
For the eligibility whether you fall into the terms to get awarded, you need to fulfill the below requirements.
- You need to show excellent academic achievements.
- You need to hold the citizenship of a country which has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Students, who like to apply, must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Students should have at least 16 years of education completed outside Japan or who are expected to do the same by the day before the enrollment date.
- Health needs to be fine – you need to show your mental and physical good health.
- You previous study must be related to the program you are applying for.
- If you are applying for a Master program, you must be equipped with an undergraduate degree.
- If your intention is to apply for a doctoral program, you need to have a Master degree.
- If your previous study was in an English medium institute of university, then you need to attach English proficiency letter from your institute or university.
Deadline for Application
The last date to apply for these scholarships in Japan is 8th December 2020.
How to Apply for MEXT Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship
As normally, you need to apply online for most of the scholarships. But with this scholarship, you should send the documents with application form to the institute by post. Check how you may apply and send the documents by Clicking This Official Link.