Apply for 240 Fully Funded Singapore Government Scholarships for International Students
Applications are being accepted for Singapore Government Scholarships for International Students. The name of the scholarship is SINGA Scholarship and these are for year 2021. These are fully funded scholarships for international students. The most interesting thing about this scholarship is that you can apply for a PhD degree right after Bachelors. It means you can directly apply for Doctoral program. Sounds interesting? Yes, sure! There is no age limit – so, the students with higher age now can feel relax and apply for PhD.
No matter where do you live in any part of the world, you are eligible to make your applications for this PhD program. You just need to have a Bachelor’s degree and you will be on the track to make application for your particular field. This PhD scholarship is fully funded and the courses will be taught in English. Top universities of Singapore are participating in SINGA Scholarship such as Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
During the program, all costs will be borne by the Singapore Government Scholarships. All tuition, personal and other expenses will be covered by the awarding authority. Upon completion of the program, students will be conferred with the degree of PhD offered by any of the participating universities such as NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Details about Singapore Government Scholarships
- Country: Singapore
- Degree: PhD
- No. of Scholarships: 240
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
This scholarship is quite famous for diversity in the programs and this year 240 scholarships are being provided to international students and the classes will begin next year in 2021.
English Language Proficiency
Till now, there is no need to provide proficiency in English such as IELTS or TOEFL, as it is optional.
The Singapore Government Scholarships are fully funded as mentioned above, the below is what will be offered if you are chosen:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Let’s learn the eligibility for the program.
- All international students are eligible to apply
- Good written and spoken English skills are required
- Good reports needed for academic referees
- Applications are being received for August 2021 intake
Documents Required for Singapore Government Scholarships
Before you make your applications for the program, you need to prepare the following documents. Remember, documents sent through post mail (hard copies) will not be accepted. Applications with required documents will only be accepted online.
- Passport Copy
- Passport Sized Photo (jpeg or png formats)
- Transcripts & Reports: all transcripts need to be in English
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Academic Transcripts: Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Recommendation Letters: 2 referees’ reports need to be completed and submitted by your referees online.
Deadline for Applications for Singapore Government Scholarships
The last date for the applications for these scholarships is 1st December 2020 for August 2021 intake.
How to Apply?
The application submission procedure is completely online. For detailed information on this scholarship and how to apply, please visit the official website below.