Scotland’s best university The University of Edinburgh now offers The Hugh Goddard PhD Studentship to all international students. These studentships will be offered to exceptional students. The applications are being invited for the academic year 2021-2022. This award is open to both UK and international students all set to commence their PhD program in January 2022.
Information about The Hugh Goddard PhD Studentship
This studentship as mentioned earlier is for both UK and overseas students. It is named in honor of the Founding Director of the Edinburgh Alwaleed Centre in recognition of his revolutionary and innovative work on Islam and inter-religious relations.
University: The University of Edinburgh
Financial Coverage: Funded
Deadline for Applications: 3rd September 2021
About The University of Edinburgh
Launched way back in 1582, the University of Edinburgh is considered one of Scotland’s oldest universities. The university is separated into three colleges and each one has 21 campuses.
It is a public research university that has been granted a royal charter signed by James VI in year 1582 and it was then officially opened in 1583. As per the records, the university has total enrollment of 33609 students.
The University of Edinburgh ranking is 22nd in the world published in 2021 QS World University Ranking. As for Edinburgh University ranking UK, it stands at the 4th position as per QS World Ranking report 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for The Hugh Goddard PhD Studentship
To be considered for the award, you need to be eligible for the scholarship. This award is open to both UK and international students of the world for the academic year 2021-2022 commencing from January 2022. The applicants will be expected to be Edinburgh-based and apart from undertaking their research will contribute to full range of the centre’s activities including outreach program. This studentship will be conferred to the students for a maximum of 3 years (subject to satisfactory progress).
- The applicants need to have a UK 2:1 Honours degree and a Master’s degree in a relevant subject or their international equivalents.
- They need to have proven research expertise.
- They should be able to do research that could involve both the study of texts and engaging with communities and individuals.
- They should have exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- English language proficiency is required. The applicants should have IELTS total 7.0 band (minimum 6.0 in each module) or TOEFL iBT 100 (minimum 20 in each module).
- They should be amiable to work as a team.
- They should follow the deadlines.
- The applicants should have diplomacy including cultural, religious and political sensitivity.
- The applicants should have knowledge of a relevant regional language.
- They should also have experience in explaining research to a wider and variety of audiences.
- The applicants should also have experience in working with media.
- The candidates should be equipped with a knowledge of designing material for websites.
Financial Benefits for The Hugh Goddard PhD Studentship
The chosen students will be conferred with financial coverage that includes the coverage for the required tuition fee and an annual stipend of £15,690 for the academic year 2021-2022 (increasing in line with UKRI rates).
You have to provide supporting documents to support your scholarship application. Let’s learn about them below.
- Cover letter (one page)
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Research proposal carrying 2000 words.
- Sample paper carrying 2000 words (it could be excerpts from a thesis, blog post or article, etc.)
- Reference letters (two required)
- Academic transcripts
Notification of Selection
The candidates, who are shortlisted, will be contacted within three weeks of the application deadline. Those, who do not hear from the university, should assume that their application for the scholarship was unsuccessful.
Deadline for Application for the Hugh Goddard PhD Studentship
The last date for application submissions is 3rd September 2021. It is suggested to apply well before time.
How to Apply
The applicants need to submit the application via email at email@example.com by 5pm BST on Friday 3rd September 2021. For more details for application process and details, Visit the Official Link.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Check Also: How to Get Spain Work Visa Legally and Easily
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: