Now you can earn University Administration Support Program Fellowship in Research Management in United States. This is going to be a golden opportunity for the applicants. This training is all set to be held in Washington, DC. This fellowship in Research Management has been developed and implemented by IREX and supported by Carnegie Corporation of New York. This has been designed to assist mid- to senior-level university leaders (managers, administrators, and faculty) from Africa and Eurasia to develop their capacity to manage research and knowledge transfer through a six-week fellowship in the United States. This fellowship program includes:
- Two weeks of intensive training in Washington, DC
- A four-week placement observing and analyzing research management operations at a respected US university
- Peer-to-peer learning
- A virtual learning environment to share resources and network with peers remotely
- Post-placement support implementing reforms, including a small grants competition
Eligibility Criteria for University Administration Support Program Fellowship
The eligibility criterion for this program has been set and it is quite simple. You may assess if you are eligible to apply by reading below clauses.
- Be a citizen of and reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania or Uganda at the time of application and participation
- Hold a full-time mid- or senior-level position focusing on research management at an eligible university (seniority should be sufficient to demonstrate capacity to be a catalyst for change).
- Demonstrate engagement with the DVC/Director Research or an equivalent post and clearly articulate alignment of the proposed fellowship area of focus with institutional priorities;
- Have a sufficient level of proficiency in written and spoken English to work independently in the United States and engage colleagues
- Be able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa. Please note, your passport should be valid at least 6 months after the fellowship program end date
- Be available to participate in the fellowship in the United States for approximately six weeks during Fall 2020 or Winter 2021
- Be committed to producing several fellowship-related assignments, including a comparative case study and implementation plan on a topic of research management and
- Not be a current IREX employee and/or consultant or an immediate family member (spouses, children, parents, siblings) of an IREX employee or consultant. You may also like to apply for DAAD Scholarships (Fully Funded)
UASP Applications to Be Reviewed Against Following Criteria
- Quality, thoroughness, and relevance of applicant’s answers to application questions;
- Extent to which applicant has a strong track record working in their university’s research ecosystem;
- Extent to which applicant has a clear understanding of the issues facing their institution and a vision for performance improvement;
- Extent to which applicant has the experience and institutional support to fully benefit from the program and drive change after the program (including demonstrated engagement with their DVC/Director Research and a letter of support);
- Alignment of fellowship application with institutional priorities and commitment to creating or expanding systems to support their university’s growth as a recognized and respected research university;
- Extent to which applicant is committed to serving as a resource in the field of university research management, knowledge transfer, and to capacity building for peers in their academic and administrative communities;
- Sufficient proficiency in English to converse and conduct work independently at the Washington DC workshops and at the US host university (For participants who do not use English as their primary professional working language, an interview will be held if no recent IELTS or TOEFL is available).
In this University Administration Support Program Fellowship, below mentioned financial coverage will be provided to the selected candidates:
- Round trip airfare
- visa fees
- accident and sickness insurance
- daily allowance (to cover meals and basic incidentals)
- professional development allowance (to use for research management-related educational materials, short visits to other US institutions, conferences, and memberships in professional associations). You will also like to check international internship opportunities.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Letter of support from immediate supervisor: please download the form template to provide to your supervisor, and then upload with your application submission
- Letter of support from home institution Deputy Vice Chancellor Research (or equivalent post)
- Home institution organizational chart
Deadline for Application
Deadline to make your application for University Administration Support Program Fellowship is 3rd March 2020. You might like to apply for UNESCO Russia Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
You need to click on the below button ‘Apply Now’ to make your application for this fellowship program.