Denmark, where it is beautiful, has also world renowned universities to rave big about and study there. The country also offers many scholarship opportunities for international students like USA’s Fulbright. Let’s discuss here the latest one – University of Copenhagen International PhD Fellowship. Well, this fellowship is for electrochemistry being offered to international students to grab and study under scholarship. The craze for Fulbright is undoubtedly high among scholarship seekers and the students are on way to get details for Fulbright scholarship 2020, remember University of Copenhagen is no behind of Fulbright. Let’s check out details about Denmark’s Copenhagen University here.
Detail about University of Copenhagen International PhD Fellowship
Financial Benefits: Funded (minimum DKK 331,125 equivalent to approx. €43,750)
Deadline for Application: 14th October 2020
There are always so many searches for University of Copenhagen PhD vacancies on the web and this is because of the popularity and good PhD degrees that entices the students across the globe. Copenhagen University open PhD position for this fellowship is all set to fetch the attention of the students from the world, as the subject is enticing and the university is worthwhile.
A Little Bit about University of Copenhagen
The University of Copenhagen is a public university and has good ranking on world top universities chart. It is a public research university in Copenhagen in Denmark. It was established in way back in 1479 and is the second oldest university in Scandinavia. The university also ranks as one of the top universities in the Nordic countries and Europe. More than 38,000 students are enrolled in the university. It has more than 16,079 postgraduates’ students and more than 3106 doctoral students.
This fellowship scholarship is just like USA’s Fulbright scholarship. Department of Chemistry’s Faculty of Science offers a PhD scholarship in Electrochemistry that is all set to commence from 1st of February 2021 or soon after whenever it is possible.
Project Description of University of Copenhagen International PhD Fellowship
The research of this project will be based on the preparation as well as the characterization nanostructured multimetallic electrocatalysts for various electrocatalytic reactions. For more details, the students should read on the official website of the university.
Supervisor to Approach for Your PhD Fellowship
The main supervisor of this fellowship, who the students need to contact for their fellowship, is Assistant Professor Maria Escudero from Department of Chemistry. You may use the email email@example.com for contacting the supervisor in a courteous, professional and soft way with your complete introduction and research works.
Job Description for University of Copenhagen International PhD Fellowship
You need to first understand what you are going to do with this fellowship. Well, below mentioned is what your job description will be at the university during your stay over there. Read carefully and then contact the supervisor.
This position is available for a period of 3-year and your main tasks would include:
- Managing and carrying through your research project
- Attending PhD courses
- Writing scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teaching and disseminating your research
- Staying at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Working for the department
Do also focus on the eligibility criteria and see if you could justify it. If yes, then go ahead with your application for the fellowship.
- You need to have a MSc degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Nanoscience, Materials Science or related areas.
- Your background should be in fundamental aspects of electrochemistry, electrodeposition and electrocatalysis.
- Your related experience should be in electrochemical methods.
- You need to have excellent communication skills, and excellent spoken and written English.
- You need to be well-motivated and you must be willing and able to work as part of an international team at the University of Copenhagen and to supervise MSc and BSc students.
- As per the criteria for the assessment, the emphasis will be also focused on previous publications in the field of electrochemistry or electrocatalysis.
PhD in Denmark for international students is always in notice due to the higher quality of education and financial benefits awarded to all international students. This is the reason that this fellowship is also on way to grab the eyes and carries plenty of benefits. And there are nonetheless good attractive financial benefits for this PhD fellowship. The beginning salary for the position is presently minimum DKK 331,125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (in addition to the pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible also.
Submission of Application for University of Copenhagen International PhD Fellowship
The application process is in English and online on university’s portal. It has to be submitted electronically and there is no need to submit the application in hard form through postal mail. By the time you start making the application online, do arrange the below mentioned documents to upload along with your application form.
- Cover Letter
- CV or Resume
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at science (if any)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)