Every other person wants to make career with mammoth and world-renowned identities. If you are among those, and want to sail your career through the giant organizations, get ready to avail the colossal opportunity available at World Bank. With this international financial institution, you may find numerous career-enhancing opportunities. Various types of opportunities always await you to grab. World Bank Internship Programs too are quite popular among the students and people across the globe. Now, the opportunity offered by the World Bank is (Associate) Investment Officer. If interested in this career-making facility, you check the page of the jobs at World Bank and begin your applications for the same. Direct link to this vacancy is also given in this post.
Information about Jobs at World Bank (Investment Officer)
The Financial Institutions Group (IFG) seeks Investment Officer (Associate). IFG is one of the IFC’s industry departments. IFG provides support to projects in various financial sub sectors, and makes partnerships with local financial institutions besides develops domestic and regional equity and debt markets. IFG also introduces new financing instruments. The purpose of IFG is to develop efficient financial systems which increases financial inclusion and fuels economic growth in client countries plus enhances IFC’s development impact.
This could undoubtedly be among the best world bank careers, you may join. There are other jobs as well available on world bank website, if you are interested in others.
FIG is now recruiting an Associate Investment Officer to join the team of investment that originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments all over Africa.
The appointed Investment Officer (Associate) will report either to the Regional Industry Manager of FIG covering West and Central Africa (WCA) or the Portfolio Manager, West, Central and Southern Africa. The Associate Investment Officer will be appointed in Lagos, Nigeria.
Brief Description about Investment Officer (Associate)
Organization: IFC, World Bank
Job: Investment Officer (Associate)
Duration: 3 years
Required Language: English
Location of Job: Lagos (Nigeria)
Deadline: 28th September 2022
Similar Opportunity: Fully Funded Imperial College London Scholarships in UK
About World Bank
The World Bank is a unique global partnership having 189 member countries and staff from more than 170 countries and having offices in more than 130 locations. There are five institutions at World Bank working for sustainable solutions which lessen poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
IFC World Bank is the colossal global development institution that focuses on the private sector in developing countries. IFC (International Finance Corporation) is a member of the World Bank Group. It advances economic development and enhances the people’s lives by encouraging private sector’s growth in developing countries. Those, who are interested in IFC World Bank Careers, may visit the official website and learn about the same.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Providing key support in appraisal, identification, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Analyzing and identifying the fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identifying opportunities, non-financial issues/matters, and risk/reward factors (such as country, business environment and sponsor).
- Handling/taking care of waivers, disbursements and complex client interactions like restructuring, monitoring and valuing equity investments and recommending/executing the sale of holdings.
- In portfolio companies, monitoring existing investments.
- Comprising different kinds of financial entities.
- Reviewing and analyzing the client’s financial and operating performance. Preparing quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision and other management reports in addition to country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles.
- Handling/taking care of client relationships and providing insights into sector developments in the countries of clients to anticipate latest investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Applying knowledge of portfolio lifecycle/project to identify/find and meeting critical path milestones and to implement the tasks (including documents production) on time and in a higher quality fashion/manner for the processing or projects’ supervision.
- Supporting the teams of business development in engaging with and delivering the projects making a focus on FinTech areas/topics like lending, payments, wealth management, InsurTech and others.
- Being knowledgeable about regional and fraternity/industry developments and incorporating the trends into the processing or projects’ supervision.
Eligibility/Selection Criteria for Jobs at World Bank (Investment Officer, Associate)
If interested, you may submit your job application. But first, you need to be eligible and go through the selection criteria.
- The applicant needs to possess a Master’s degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in the financial sector preferably in an investment relevant function and/or the private equity fraternity/industry.
- The applicant should also possess good understanding/knowledge of operational and financial characteristics of financial institutions.
- The candidates should have skills and experience in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating the debt and equity transactions and should carry experience in portfolio management.
- The candidates should carry experience in emerging FinTech platforms and technologies like mobile payments, digital banking, digital lending, InsurTech etc. a plus.
- The applicant should possess strong interest in novel (innovative), disruptive solutions for the industry of financial services.
- The applicant should have a sound judgment of business and strong negotiation skills/problem solving plus ability to work efficiently on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- The candidate should have grip over English language (both verbal and written communication).
- The applicant should have a deep interest in working in a multi-cultural ambiance (environment) and development finance.
You Might Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- IMF Youth Fellowship Program
- MAHSA University Scholarships in Malaysia
- Danish Government Scholarships to Study in Denmark
Other Benefits Offered by the World Bank
Apart from the offered benefits this job has (to be revealed by the world bank once you are taken onboard), World Bank also provides following benefits to its employees:
Comprehensive benefits are offered such as a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, medical, and paid leave including parental leave plus reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. For accuracy of information and updates, you should check the official website.
Deadline for Applications
The last date for application submission is 28th September 2022.
Another Scholarship: University of Otago Scholarships for Doctoral Programs in New Zealand
How to Apply for Jobs at World Bank – Investment Officer (Associate)
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Check Also: Woosong University Scholarships in South Korea
Also Connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: