Everyone is well aware of the importance and giant popularity of Uppsala University. It is a broad research university with a strong international position. The university works with the goal of conducting education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a difference in society. Uppsala University claims its large number of employees and students as its biggest assets making the university one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. If you are interested in joining this university, there is a vacant position of a Research Coordinator at Uppsala University. Let’s learn about the same.
Information Regarding Research Coordinator at Uppsala University
This position is for a Research Coordinator at the Department of Chemistry, Uppsala University in Sweden. If you are interested in working for the university’s newly formed Center of Excellence with the support of competent and friendly colleagues in a friendly and international environment, then this position seems a true fit. Besides, if you are searching for an employer that invests in sustainable employee-ship apart from offering safer and friendly working conditions, again this opportunity truly fits you. If the answer to the above is ‘yes’, the university welcomes your application for Research Coordinator.
Description Regarding the Position
Among Uppsala University vacancies, this one appears to be interesting for applicants. At the Department of Chemistry – BMC conducts education and research in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, and organic chemistry. According to the university, there are more than one hundred people working in the department. Students and new employees are taken on board (recruited) from all parts of the world. English is the main working language there.
Located at the Biomedical Centre (BMC) in Uppsala, the department facilitates collaborations with research groups in pharmacy, biology, medicine, and SciLifeLab and provides access to advanced infrastructure for theoretical and experimental studies.
Brief Description Regarding the Position of Research Coordinator at Uppsala University
Below is the detail in a brief manner for this particular available position at the Department of Chemistry at Uppsala University in Sweden.
Placement: Department of Chemistry – BMC
Title of Position: Research Coordinator
Payment: Individual Salary
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent Position (beginning with a temporary contract)
Working Hours: 100%
Reference Number: UFV-PA 2023/4385
Deadline: 18th December 2023
About Uppsala University (Sweden)
Founded in 1477, Uppsala University is a comprehensive, strong research university that is ranked among the best universities in the world. According to records, it has more than 50,000 students and near to 5000 researchers.
Ideal Candidate for Research Coordinator at Uppsala University
The University is looking for a highly motivated research coordinator who will turn out to be a cornerstone in the operation of this Center of Excellence. An ideal candidate is one who preferably holds an academic background and can proactively, independently, and collaboratively advance the objectives of the center.
Duties of Research Coordinator
There are duties to be performed. Let’s check them out.
The Research Coordinator will start, organize, and manage the activities of the center in close collaboration with the board which consists of the four research leaders. This position will be administrative and the coordinator is not expected to find their own research funding or drive their own research. The coordinator will do the following:
- In close collaboration with the board, the coordinator will initiate, plan, execute, and then monitor the activities happening at the Chemical Mechanisms of Life Center of Excellence.
- He/she will ensure that the goals of the center, timelines, and budget are appropriately met by coordinating different tasks efficiently.
- For communications and inquiries, the coordinator will have to serve as a central point of contact.
- He/she will provide support to visiting researchers and will also interact with participants of the Center Maintain well-organized documentation.
- The coordinator will arrange board meetings, workshops, and seminars relevant to the Chemical Mechanisms of Life Center.
- There will be other tasks as well such as coordinating the webpage, online networking platforms, and being the voice for the center in entire social media.
- The Research Coordinator will collaborate with faculty to develop courses, educational material, or programs relevant to the center.
- There will be an opportunity to teach in the courses as well for the coordinator (if applicable) fitting to his/her expertise (skill).
Relevant Opportunity: International Excellence Awards for Postgraduate Studies at the University of Surrey
Requirements for Research Coordinator at Uppsala University
If you like to be considered for this position of Research Coordinator, you must have:
- A strapping (strong) academic background preferably a PhD degree in a related field within life or natural sciences.
- Shown experience in project coordination preferably in a senior level role (capacity).
- Command (proficiency) in written and spoken English along with attractive communication skills.
- A documented attractive ability to coordinate, collaborate, and execute different tasks.
- A strong sense of ability and responsibility to work on an independent basis (independently) according to given (provided) guidelines.
Additional Qualifications of the Candidates
It will be beneficial if the candidate has experience in teaching in higher education of natural or life sciences.
This will be a permanent full-time position at the Department of Chemistry (Uppsala University) coupled with the Center of Excellence, (a probationary period might be applied). Part-time employment may also be discussed (negotiated). The beginning date of the position will be 1st January 2024 or as otherwise agreed. Placement will be at Uppsala University.
You may also read more about the benefits offered by the university.
Deadline for Application Submission
The last date to submit your application is 18th December 2023.
How to Apply for Research Coordinator at Uppsala University
If you think you are eligible to apply for this position of Research Coordinator, you should first visit the official call and learn complete details, then you may apply for the position by clicking on the link available at the page end on the official call.
Follow Us on Social Media for More Scholarship Opportunities
Connect us on social platforms to get more regular scholarship opportunities emerging from the world universities, colleges and institutions.
Also, connect us to get our regular activity on Linkedin.
You May Like These Opportunities Also: