Let’s start making the application for Singapore International Graduate Award. The applications have started being accepted now for a PhD degree program. You may now have a chance to study in Singapore. SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award) is the prestigious award in Singapore and considered to be worthwhile. It is a collaboration with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Students from across the world can apply for these awards. While studying your PhD over there, you may establish your links in Singapore and worldwide and move your research career to big heights.
The chosen students for the scholarships will be studying at their chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. These labs will be equipped with distinguished and popular researchers.
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs.
Details of Singapore International Graduate Award
- Scholarship Organization: SINGA
- Country: Singapore
- Program: PhD
- Deadline: 1st December 2020
Duration of the Scholarship
The duration of this scholarship is 4 years.
Number of Scholarships Available
Plenty of scholarships are available for PhD programs. There are more than 900 awards are available for international students.
Universities Attached with SINGA
For Singapore International Graduate Award, the universities attached with SINGA which will let the researchers study there and upon completion will confer with a PhD degree include:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- The National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Available Fields and Majors for PhD Program
Students may research in below mentioned areas for their doctorate program:
- Biomedical Science
- Physical Science
There is no doubt in mentioning that these scholarships are laced with numerous financial benefits, details of which are mentioned as following:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after passing the Qualifying Examination.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S $1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S $1,000*
In order to receive this scholarship, the students need to fulfill below requirements:
- All international students are eligible to apply.
- Graduates who are passionate for research and have excellent academic results can apply.
- They need to have good skills in written and spoken English.
- They need to provide good reports from academic referees.
Required Documents for the Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship, the students should provide the following:
- All degree and transcripts
- Optional GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
- For Ph.D. research, supervisor is required
- Recommendations letters
- Recent passport size photo
- Previous research paper (if available)
You may get more information from below:
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
Note: Students need to indicate their choices of supervisors in the application form.
Deadline for Application
For August 2021 intake, the deadline for the application submission is 1st December 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
How to Apply
For Singapore International Graduate Award, the entire procedure of application submission is online. Follow the official links for official details and application – Click for the official notification of the scholarship and Click for Apply.